hb&k is a firm focused on innovation. We believe in training and learning to develop our team for the benefit of the individual, our clients and the firm. We seek continuous improvement in services, processes and markets. Our firm promotes the “One-Firm” concept and a culture based upon teamwork and leadership. We invite candidates who believe in these same principles to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’re thrilled to announce that hb&k has been named
as one of the Best Companies to Work for in
Alabama by Business Alabama
Don’t see an available position that is right for you? That’s OK! hb&k is a growing firm always interested in adding more talented people to our team. We accept resumes and applications at all times. If you would like to be considered for a position with hb&k, please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
The staff accountant performs a variety of professional accounting work. Primary responsibilities include preparing tax returns and compiling, preparing and maintaining financial data and records for assigned clients ensuring that all financial data are recorded consistent with established policy and procedures as well as assisting on audit engagements. Also assists on special projects with others as needed.
- Duties Include:
- Prepares moderately complicated tax returns with minimal supervision to include: 990, 1040, 1120, 1120S, 1065, 706, 709, and 1041.
- Assists in audit, compilation, and review engagements.
- Provides assistance as needed to team and Shareholders (e.g. assisting in client accounting, preparing budgets, and other analyses, etc.).
- Interacts with clients in obtaining pertinent information as well as researching tax issues and questions and advising clients appropriately.
- Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting.
- 4 to 6 years experience in accounting field. Certified or eligible to work toward obtaining a CPA license.
- Knowledge of accounting principles, practices, and procedures and ability to adapt work as required by level of engagement.
- Strong skills with general office use software and the ability to adapt to new technology as required.
- Ability to thrive and adapt in a fast-paced working environment.
- Dedicated individual that values integrity, quality and professionalism.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively from general instructions.
- Performance of analytical and detailed work with numerical data and making arithmetic computations rapidly and accurately.
- Preparation of routine and specialized financial reports and records.
- Examination and verification of financial documents and reports.
- Excellent client relations and providing excellent customer service, both internally and externally.
- Honest and dependable team player who contributes to group collaboration and enjoys working in a family-oriented culture.
- Ambitious and desires to advance in his/her career.
- Benefits Include:
- Health insurance
- Group life insurance
- Long-term disability coverage
- 9 paid holidays per year
- Generous personal time off
- Paid training and certification
- Company-sponsored social events
- 401(k) for qualified employees with company match